The second phase of the CDCA certificate process is called the CDCA Renewable. Formerly known as the CDCA II. To apply for your CDCA Renewable, you must hold a CDCA Preliminary for 10 months. However, you can work on your credits with AddictionCounselorCE right away!
OCDPB requires you to take 30 hours of chemical dependency specific education in these categories:
- Theories of Addiction (5 hours)
- Counseling Procedures & Strategies with Addicted Populations (8 hours)
- Group Process & Techniques Working with Addicted Populations (5 hours)
- Assessment & Diagnosis of Addiction (3 hours)
- Treatment Planning (6 hours)
- Ethics (3 hours)
AddictionCounselorCE is not the board office. To learn more about the requirements to get your CDCA certification through OCDPB, visit their website HERE
You can complete the required education for your CDCA Renewable with AddictionCounselorCE!
- Signup for an account on AddictionCounselorCE
- Pick a membership plan. The most cost effective option for completing your CDCA courses is the Unlimited CE Membership
- You are ready to begin taking classes! Here is a suggested course list for the CDCA Renewable
- After you have finished the course list, OCDPB asks that you complete an Education Grid to document your hours. Locate the CDCA Renewable Education Grid HERE
- Next, go to the OCDPB application instructions page to complete your certification application via the e-license portal. HERE
To reference all information used here, please visit the OCDPB CDCA information page HERE
We're here to help. Contact us using the Help icon at bottom-right of the page, call our live support at 877-248-6789 or use the Contact Us button under the Resources tab!